A pilgrimage to both the Shrine and EWTN offers opportuntities to attend a televised Mass, spend time in Eucharistic Adoration, receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation, hear Catechetical and Spiritual Talks, enjoy the unique experience of a Live Show and see some of their favorite EWTN hosts. Pilgrims may also find a place for prayer and quiet contemplation among the gardens, paths and grottos around the Shrine.
Catechetical talks given by the Friars at EWTN are intended to instruct pilgrims in the Faith. Catechesis, along with Healing Services, are combined with time for prayer to provide a greater understanding of the ageless Truths of the Catholic Church and a better knowledge of God. Your visit will also include a tour of the EWTN production facilities where our universal mission to proclaim the Gospel to the ends of the earth is being realized.
The Shrine of the Most Blessed
Sacrament offers pilgrims an atmosphere of silence, prayer, and serenity.The noise of the world is drowned by the voice of the Lord, heard in the silence of prayer and Adoration. Your trip to the Shrine focuses on giving you a deeper love of Jesus present in the Most Blessed Sacrament through spiritual talks, healing services, and contemplation.
We invite you to attend one or more of the various Live Shows taped at EWTN. Threshold of Hope, EWTN Live, At Home with Jim and Joy, and Life on the Rock are all taped before a live studio audience. There is no charge for admission, but because of limited seating in the studio, please contact us to place your reservation as soon as possible. Live Shows are Tuesday through Thursday.
Dress and Decorum
In order to show respect to our Lord Jesus Christ, truly present in the most Blessed Sacrament, as well as to show a spirit of charity to the Nuns, the Priests and Brothers, and the other pilgrims, we request the following:
1. Please observe silence when you enter the Shrine and the EWTN Chapel.
2.We encourage you to dress comfortably, but modestly. Please do not wear sleeveless tops, tank tops, shorts, or mini-skirts. (Jeans and capris are permitted).
3. Please do not leave Mass before the Blessed Sacrament has been exposed and the Nuns have finished singing at the Shrine.
4. Please do not take pictures inside the Church at the Shrine. There are many lovely pictures and postcards you may purchase at the Gift Shop in Castle San Miguel. At all other locations, pictures are permitted.
Group Leader Check List:
1. Confirm date with Pilgrimage Department
2. Make Live Show Reservations
3. Outline Activity Schedule
4. Arrange Transportation
5. Book Accommodations
6. Select Caterers or Restaurants